All travelers to Australia, other than Australian and New Zealand citizens, must hold a valid visa or electronic travel authority (ETA). It is your responsibility to ensure documentation is correct and completed before you commence your journey. Delegates must register for the event before lodging their visa/ETA application. Following your registration, you will receive an acknowledgement letter. This is all you require from the event manager in order to make your visa/ETA application. We recommend you apply for your visa at least six weeks before your intended date of travel to Australia (or two weeks if you are from an ETA or eVisitor eligible country) as visa processing times may vary.
How to apply:
- Before lodging an application you should determine which visa you should apply for:
Or use The Australian Department of Immigration ‘Find a Visa’ tool, by clicking here.
- Determine whether you are eligible to apply online for an eVisitor visa or ETA.
- If you are not eligible to apply online, you may lodge a paper-based visa application.
In order to obtain assistance on this process, and find the Australian visa office nearest to your current country of residence please click here.
Australian business contact
In case you are required to include details of the Australian business contact during your VISA application, please include the following:
Mariana Herculano, Delegate Manager
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
1 Convention Centre Place
South Wharf VIC 3006
+31 20 575 4220
Visa Processing times
The Global Visa processing times for different countries are available by using this link.
If you are lodging a visa application in a selected location, regardless of your nationality, you may need to provide your biometrics in relation to your visa application, unless exempt. Information about Biometrics collection is available on the Department’s website: www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Biom.
Creating an ImmiAccount
ImmiAccount is a single point of entry into the Department’s online visa services. Information about ImmiAccount is available on the Department’s website: www.border.gov.au/immiaccount
Exhibitors could apply for the Visitor (subclass 600)(business stream) visa, ETA (subclass 601) or eVisitor visa
It is our policy not to provide invitation letters, as they are not required for visa applications. The Australian Department of Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) has advised that in relation to conferences or other events:
- Registration does not guarantee a visa grant to an applicant.
- Where the Event Organiser has provided the relevant DIMIA international offices with participant lists (which they will), it will not be necessary for the DIMIA decision-makers to request a “letter of invitation” from such individuals.
- Visa applicants should read information on visitor visa processing and requirements on the DIMIA website: www.homeaffairs.gov.au.