During the 8th World Glaucoma Congress, companies and other organizations can organize ancillary events to provide social and business opportunities for firm employees and meeting attendees. Ancillary events, including business meetings, social gatherings, receptions, board/committee meetings and media/press events, should not compete with the congress official scientific program, industry symposiums, or other official congress events.
Any ancillary event with an educational or scientific focus or intent is strictly prohibited during the duration of the WGC.
As a reminder, please note that during the WGC there will be the following social events:
- Wednesday, March 27 WGC Welcome Reception: 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm.
- Thursday, March 28 WGA Presidents Dinner: 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm. The WGA Board of Governors, the Congress Faculty and the Presidents of all Member Glaucoma Societies will be invited to the Presidents Dinner.
- Friday, March 29 WGC Dinner: 7:30 pm – 11:30 pm.
Blackout Hours during the WGC
- Wednesday, March 27: 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Thursday, March 28: 7:30 am – 7:00 pm
- Thursday, March 28: 7:30 am – 10:00 pm (WGA President’s Dinner)
- Friday, March 29: 7:30 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday, March 29: 7:30 am – 11:30 pm (WGC Official Dinner)
- Saturday, March 30: 7:30 am – 2:00 pm
Ancillary events organized during the Blackout Hours must meet the following criteria:
- The company is a WGA Industry Member.
- The activity or event takes place in one of the meeting rooms or industry suites provided by the congress to the industry partner as part of their sponsor package.
- Other ancillary events during blackout hours are only allowed for WGA Industry Members and to a maximum of 10 persons. Industry Members may reach out to venues directly to make their arrangements.
- The activity or event cannot be a scientific session.
- Marketing pieces, invitations, communications or advertisement of the meeting must submitted to the Congress Secretariat for approval at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside of the Blackout Hours companies may organize events, our Congress Organizer MCI could help you with any event arrangements. Please reach out to email@example.com where the team will forward your request to MCI Australia.